Visitor Services Specialist
BAMPFA's Visitor Services Specialist is an energetic, dependable frontline operations and marketing associate. The Visitor Services Specialist will directly interact with BAMPFA's diverse visitors, customers, and members. This Visitor Services Specialist position entails general operational support for BAMPFA's front-line ticketing, store, and patron interface and has a specific focus on retail operations. The VSS processes transactions, assists with inventory management and merchandising, works extensively with BAMPFA’s student staff, and plays a vital role in making the visitor experience a positive one. Top-notch marketing and customer service skills are a must, as is the ability to quickly gain facility with multiple systems and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Assists with creation and implementation of tools to drive sales of BAMPFA store merchandise, and to enhance organizational image and impact.
- Ensures excellent customer service by answering questions, providing detailed information, explaining basic products and services and researching and resolving non-complex problems at the BAMPFA Admissions Desk and Store.
- Assists with training and supervision of student employees.
- Works closely with Digital Media Specialist in implementation of new e-commerce site. Coordinates and maintains store eCommerce Site including uploading products, reconciling purchases, and handling customer service issues.
- Creates marketing copy for store website to promote product sales. Works closely with Marketing Specialist 3 in capture, promotion, and marketing. Assists with conception and implementation of merchandising and marketing strategies for store branding, sales and institutional identity.
- Assists with store inventory ordering, management, receiving and merchandising and researches and secures copyright and other legal clearances for merchandise, etc. keeping senior management informed as necessary.
- Performs opening and closing duties. Facilitates correct processing of financial transactions and daily closing reports for Visitor Services and the BAMPFA Store. Provides accounting support including point of sale and account reconciliation as needed.
- Conducts basic retail market and sales research and generates sales reports. Gathers and reports analytics to senior staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Availability to work a Wednesday through Sunday schedule, including nights and holidays.
- Solid knowledge of marketing principles, concepts, strategies, and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of marketing and selling retail products and services.
- Knowledge of customer service standards/procedures.
- Organizational skills and skills in file creation, maintenance, and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and public speaking skills.
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Education and Training
- Associate's degree in a related area and / or equivalent experience/training
- Institutional knowledge and understanding of BAMPFA and the campus including its achievements, mission, programs, vision, goals, objectives and infrastructure.
- Background and/or interest in Art and Film.
Salary & Benefits
This is a 100% full-time (40 hrs a week) career position and eligible for full UC Benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University, please visit the University of California's Compensation & Benefits website.
The budgeted hourly rate for this position is $27.06 ($56,500 annually). Due to compliance with California SB-1162, BAMPFA will not be able to offer a candidate anything above this posted amount.
How to Apply (Job #52568)
1. Access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.