Family Day Fall 2016
A Free Day of Performance, Art & Film
11–3 Art Making & Family Tours
1:00 Storytelling Performance:
Diane Ferlatte with Erik Pearson
3:45 Family Matinee: The Way Things Go
Enjoy a day of experiences as diverse as the artworks in Berkeley Eye: Perspectives on the Collection!
• Make art inspired by BAMPFA’s exhibitions.
• Explore the galleries with tours specially designed for families.
• Enjoy an hour of interactive storytelling with award-winning international storyteller Diane Ferlatte—known for a charismatic style that combines music, sign language, movement, humor, and song—accompanied on guitar and banjo by longtime musical collaborator Erik Pearson.
• Get a library card or check out a book from the Library on Wheels, pedaling over from the Berkeley Public Library with books related to Berkeley Eye for both children and adults.
• Take a break to sample the special Family Day lunch menu at Babette.
• Top off the afternoon with a free screening of Peter Fischli and David Weiss’s The Way Things Go (1987), a filmed art installation that casts everyday objects in dramatic roles for a kinetic chain-reaction performance of precisely crafted chaos. Free tickets for the film will be available at the will-call table beginning at 2:45 p.m.
The Berkeley Half Marathon is also taking place in downtown Berkeley on this day, so we recommend taking public transit to this event.