Join Us for Spring Free Family Day April 22!
Bring the whole family to BAMPFA for Spring Free Family Day, an exciting day of Earth Day-inspired art-making, exhibition tours, live music, a movie matinee, and more. There’s something to entice kids (and their grown-ups) of any age, and it’s all free for everyone!
11 AM–3 PM: Art Making, Family Tours, and Library on Wheels
1–2 PM: Musical Performance: Alphabet Rockers
3 PM: Family Movie Matinee: The Red Balloon
- Make art inspired by BAMPFA exhibitions and Earth Day.
- Explore the galleries with family-oriented tours.
- Get moving with Alphabet Rockers. W. Kamau Bell says their intergenerational hip-hop “creates the soundtrack for the future we want in the world.”
- Get a library card or check out a book from the Library on Wheels, pedaling over from the Berkeley Public Library with books for children and adults.
- Take a break for kid-friendly snacks at Babette!
- Stay for a special free screening of Albert Lamorisse’s The Red Balloon (1956), the charming story of a lonely French boy befriended by a wondrous red balloon. Their adventures through the streets of Paris are shot in breathtaking color, all the more vivid in this 35mm print. Free tickets for the film screening will be available at the will-call table beginning at 2 PM.
And don't miss The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T, Saturday, April 21 at 4 PM. Recommended for everyone age 7 and up, this funny, clever musical written by Dr. Seuss tells the tale of a nine-year-old boy scolded for not practicing the piano, who daydreams himself into a fantastic world where the piano reigns supreme.
More family events