Fall Free Family Day
A Seasonal Day of Art, Music & Film!
11:00–3:00 Art Making, Family Tours, and Library on Wheels
1:00–2:00 Musical Performance: SoVoSó
3:00 Family Matinee: Wild Things: Three Short Films
- Make art inspired by BAMPFA exhibitions.
- Explore the galleries with family-oriented tours.
- Enjoy a performance by SoVoSó (“from the Soul to the Voice to the Song”), whose unique, rhythmic, a cappella mix of jazz, gospel, world music, and R&B is beloved by young and old alike.
- Get a library card or check out a book from the Library on Wheels, pedaling over from the Berkeley Public Library with books for children and adults.
- Take a break for kid-friendly snacks at Babette!
- Stay for a special free screening of short films with a wild side: Gene Deitch’s Where the Wild Things Are (1973) brings Maurice Sendak’s beloved book to life; Lotte Reiniger’s Mary’s Birthday (1951) tells how flowers saved the day; and Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax (1972) reminds us to “speak for the trees.” (Total running time: 45 mins.)
Free tickets for the film screening will be available at the will-call table beginning at 2:00.